- Our logo contains a symbol that stands for Terra Silicea, silica (SiO2) which is the largest ingredient in glass.
- The symbol comes from the periodic system which is the predecessor of today’s systems. It was created by the scientist Scheele in the 1700 ‘s and Swedish – German Bergman developed it further.
- Several large companies have made use of symbols from the same system such as Volvo and LKAB (symbol for ferrum, iron) and others.
- Glasteknik has especially high knowledge of glass for high temperatures.
- We are also highly knowledgable in glass with x-ray protection.
- Glasteknik are specialized in finding solutions for the industry wherever glass is involved. We have a wide range of glass with special features.
The history of Glasteknik
- Glasteknik was established more than 30 years ago and was founded 1982 by M.Sc. Peter Nilsson in Norrkoping.
- Right from the start Glasteknik worked on developing heat resistant ceramic glass and lead glass as main products.
- Peter is still involved in special projects.
- Today Glasteknik aku AB has the office in Solna and the factory in Norrköping.
- Glasteknik is a nisched company, with technical solutions for the customer and long time relations with customers and suppliers.
- Glasteknik have a long and wide experience in fire resistant glass and industrial glass.
- Glasteknik is the supplier for both large and small companies, mainly in Scandinavia.
- Glasteknik have many long term relationships with suppliers and customers in different countries and in Sweden.
- We import most of our glass and store or process according to gain agreed quality.
- The macchines of the factory are improved on a regular basis.
- Glasteknik deliver a few tons or just a kilo per sending. We use the large shipping companies for our transports from Norrkoping as aa standard, but are flexible to customer requests.
- We have a long experience of packing glass to get it safe to the customer.
- The delivery times are 1-2 weeks for glass in stock and longer for special glass out of stock, depending on type of glass and way of delivery (boat or plane).
Important for Glasteknik
- Glasteknik always strive to have satisfied and returning customers.
- Glasteknik work under high discrepancy as many customers have solutions which has to be protected in sensitive competition.
- We deliver quality, both in material and delivery times.
- We strive to provide a safe work environment.
- We strive to focus on environmental friendly behaviour throug everything we do.